Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"God bless you, God"

Big Brother time! (This one's for you Megan...)

Plenty has happened since my last BB8 post; it's not AS boring as it was in the beginning, but I still hold firm to my assessment that this season isn't nearly as good as seasons past. That being said...

Joe "gracefully" left, Nick got the shaft, Kail finally got put out of her misery, Mike played stupid and was booted, Dustin had to pay by acting as the fall guy, and Jen was backdoored. What a wonderful world.

And then there were seven.

Dick - When did Dick get boring? Not a single abusive outburst or tirade since Jen left. It's amazing that he's still in the house, but I think he can thank the producers of BB for that, at least in part. They've been known to try to influence the guests in the Diary Room, and knowing that Dick is their biggest ratings draw in the house, they'd be reluctant to let him go. Anyway, as much as he's managed to turn this season's snorefest into a somewhat watchable spectacle, he's also turned into the biggest creep EVER. Could he be more eager to make out with his own daughter!?! His "congratulatory" hugs and kisses are really starting to weird me out, and the whole "I am your faaaathaa" routine isn't terribly believeable. "Daniele, take your vitamins." "Daniele, do you want to talk about our relationship?" "Daniele, do you need a hug?" No Dick, she doesn't need a hug, she needs you to leave her the eff alone, you gross her out on multiple levels. He used to make things interesting, he used to be very influential, but now he's the desperate old guy. He'll be here for at least another two weeks by my calculations, perhaps even until the final two.

Zach - I still haven't figured out what this guy is useful for, but I don't think he's as stupid as I did before. He comes off as a pretty intelligent guy in the diary room, and I guess he can't be THAT stupid if he outlasted so many others, but he's still just a floater to me. He's never won a single veto competition or HOH, even though he's played in almost every one, and he hasn't managed to nail down a solid alliance. Float float float Zach. He must be so bored! No friends, no conflict, no nothing. He's on the block this week, but he might just survive. Who knows, who cares. Zach is boring.

Jameka - Man, I laughed when the BB people started playing organ music every time Jameka speaks. Her "God is a gangster" speech was great, lotsa laughs in my house that night. I feel sorry for her in a way, a God-fearing woman being surrounded by a bunch of evil, blasphemous deviants...but not THAT sorry. She's still boring. And giving up 5 HOH competitions for the chance at 1 POV? Silly girl. She's got 2 weeks max left in that house, and I have a feeling she won't really be missed.

Jessica - I don't know what she sees in America's player, but whatever, she's managed to get herself farther than anyone expected, so kudos to her. Stupid move this week not putting up Dick or Daniele, and she'll likely pay for that when she's the first person voted out of the final four, but even stupider was starting a reality showmance. She wouldn't have given Eric a second glance in the real world, but he's the house Adonis compared to Zach and Dick. Still, as America's player he's not able to be completely honest with her about strategy, and that fact is sure to hurt her in the long run. Again, boring.

Eric - Am I the only person who wants to crazy-glue his eyebrow in place, so that he can't raise it like the Joker from Batman every time he speaks? Nerd, nerd, nerd. Annoying? Oh yes. He drives me nuts. "America loves me!" Uhhh...are ya sure? Cause I beg to differ. The powers that be are doing what they can to keep him in the house, and it's a good thing, because I don't think he would have stayed by his own devices. And another thing: LAUGH WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN! Every time he laughs, I get this premonition that snot is going to fly out of his nose. Watch him next time, it's irritating. He'll make it to the final four I think, but not because I want him to.

Amber - Too much. This girl is TOO MUCH!! "God bless you God." "I think when I leave the show I'm going to be America's Next Top Model." "I had a vision and God told me I was going to win the power of Veto." "Nobody wants to be in the final 2 with me because everyone loves me and I'm a threat in that way." I swear to you, I wish you could still get $50 bucks for admitting someone to the Butterscotch Palace, because I'd be a red bill richer. She's entertaining if nothing else, with all the sobbing and bible-thumping and modelling aspirations, ahhhh....*wiping tears of laughter*. She's probably going home this week, and good riddance, but her psychological volatility will be missed.

Daniele - Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of Big Brother 8. She deserves to win. She's kicked butt in the competitions (3 POVs and 2 HOHs), managed to evade the shadow of her father to an acceptable extent, and doesn't have as many enemies as one would think she should. Her and her father in the final 2 would ensure her the cash, but even against the others she's superior. Only my prediction, but an accurate one, I believe.

And that's it for now. The best part of this show is watching clips on YouTube with all the footage the producers don't want you to see. How contestants are coached in the diary room; how they influence houseguests as to who to nominate and evict; and how they play up the psychosis of the weak and weary to better the show's ratings. Ahh, reality tv at it's best. I don't think they've done a very good job of accentuating the Alice in Wonderland theme, so I hope there are more twists to come.
In any case, I'll be in front of the tv faithfully on Thursday night, as will all of you.

2 comments:

Christine said...

No, you are not the only one who feels that way about Eric, he truly annoyes me to no end. Everything about him gets under my skin! I'm hoping Dick will do the pleasures and send him packing sooner than later.

Keep your them coming, I enjoy reading your blogs.

Anonymous said...

Haha Thanks Gina! Hurry.. you sould have a Daily blog! im getting addicted to your opinions! Love it!!!