Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Busy TV Night

First of all, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed that Barack Obama didn't win Texas and Ohio. Not that I really expected him to, but it would have been nice to have Clinton drop out and end this nomination race. Anyway, it's a long way from over, but I remain optimistic that Barack will come out on top.
But onto things that have little or nothing to do with politics.

**********************************************************************

I didn't write about Sunday's Big Brother episode because I was in bed sick and didn't see it. I'm told by my husband that I didn't really miss much. In any event, the Co-HOH's nominated Allison & Ryan, and Matt & Natalie.
On last night's show, the highlight was watching Natalie hit on Matt with no reciprocation whatsoever. "Matty, can I have a massage?" "No, shut up." We thought it was pretty funny.
Joshuah is the biggest queen I've ever seen, drama and otherwise. He bugs me.
Matt always makes me laugh because he makes out with every single chick on the show and doesn't even make excuses for it. Hilarious.
However, the show is rather boring. In past years I could have written pages and pages about each episode, and it was all I could do just to write this paragraph about season 9. Hopefully that big evacuation siren will make things a bit more interesting.

************************************************

Now, to American Idol.
The guys this year are sooooooo much better than the girls.Just my opinion, but I think even the judges will agree.

Luke - It takes a very secure man to get up in front of 30 million people and sing "Wham". He would have been much more impactful had he wore neon running shorts and a bandana and skipped around the stage like George & Andrew did, that would have made for a memorable performance. But it wasn't very good, and he's not nearly as good as the majority of other guys, so he needs to go home. I'm talking now.

David A. - His Phil Collins cover wasn't as good as some of his other performances, but he still has one of the nicest, purest voices I've ever heard. He needs to gain a bit of confidence in his interviewing skills, though. It's difficult to watch him giggle and stutter through his 30 seconds with Seacrest.

Michael - Could this guy be any hotter? I tried to explain to Joey last night that, of all the contestants, he's the most believable. Joey asked me if I was deaf. Whatever.
This guy is mature, he's authentic, he's got a great voice, and he'll have an album regardless of how far he goes in the competition.

David H. - He has such a great voice, why would he choose a Celine Dion song?? It's 80s night!!! The best night ever!! Do Celine on Canadian Divas night (?), not on 80s night! He did an acceptable job, but I thought the song choice was poor.

Chikezie - Go home, Chikezie. I can't take it anymore. Barry White and Marvin Gaye haven't been on the charts in a very long time. I don't think their musical style is about to make a comeback.

Danny - This guy can sing, but he's waaaaaay too feminine. Every performance is an homage to Mariah Carey or Kelly Clarkson. Even if he is gay, he could still at least pretend to be a male, and not try desperately to be a female. Don't get me wrong, I'm lovin' my gay men; but Danny is not your average gay man. He's about one package of false eyelashes and a sequined dress away from being a full-fledged drag queen. He'd be great in cabaret shows or something, b/c his voice is great.
Funny note, though: he totally thinks Ryan Seacrest is gay, which is interesting.

Jason - The story about his dreadlock coming off at the dinner table almost had me hugging the toilet. But he is pretty good voice wise, and geez, his skin is incredible. He needs more in the confidence department.

David Cooke - I saved the best for last. This guy is probably my favorite as far as being someone who;s album I'd actually buy. His version of Lionel Ritchie's "Hello" was AWESOME. Best performance of the night by far. Is it mean for me to say that I wish he was just a tiny bit cuter? Like Daughtry cute, that would be great. Oh well.


Going home: Luke & either Chikezie or Danny Noreaga.

****************************

More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lianne MacNeil said...

"The story about his dreadlock coming off at the dinner table almost had me hugging the toilet."

Ahhhhhhhhhh haaaaaa haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! That was the best line this week....even including my own rambling blog!!

I totally do not watch AI but I love reading what you have to say about it. I also don't watch BB or the USA politicky thing....however, again...I love to hear what you say about it all. Why do I like you so much? Are we soul sisters? Are you sharing the brain that Michelle and I pass back-and-forth? We should be dating. If I have the heart to break up with Enrique or Maroon 5 guy....I'll let you know. LMAO.

Good blog.
Lianne