Friday, February 29, 2008

Sometimes Americans Are Stupid

Just for the record, last night was the first night that I've ever been so off in my predictions about who was being eliminated from American Idol.

First of all, Alexandrea got the boot, and she is an awesome singer. Alaina also got kicked off, and I thought she was one of the BEST singers. Meanwhile, that Elvira-looking thing who couldn't hold a note in a ziplock bag, she is still there? Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Sometimes Americans are like crows: they are attracted to things that are shiny and colorful, even if it's shiny and colorful garbage. If anything, that little Kristy chick should have gone home, since she has about as much charisma and stage presence and the can of pop sitting on my computer desk. It makes me mad when good people go home and sucky people stay.

As for the guys, at least I had one of those right, so we don't have to endure anymore rock schtick from Robbie the Wannabe. But I was very surprised to see the pretty boy go at this point. Surely Dylan from 90210 or Chikezie would have been a better choice for elimination. And I sooo wanted Simon to tell him to apply for a job on a cruise ship. I'd take that cruise. If only to laugh.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, sometimes Americans make the wrong choices. If you don't agree, I argue Fantasia, Ruben, Taylor Hicks, and George W. Bush.

No comments: