Thursday, February 14, 2008

Big Brother....The Beginning

OK, a short BB blog. (Who am I kidding, is anything I write ever short?)

I originally thought the couples thing was going to be stupid. It's not really fair to get evicted based on your partner's actions (as that girl saw last night). But also, it's almost like there's only 8 people in the house, since they'll be evicted in twos. The most obvious difference between this show and other seasons of BB, is that they didn't take looks into consideration. At least it doesn't seem like they did. Quite a hard looking group of contestants, for the most part.
Anyway....

Sharon & Jacob (the ones who got evicted last night)
Jacob had a big mouth, and he reminded me a lot of Trevor Boudreau looks-wise. Sharon was understandably bitter, both before and after the eviction, and I think she had a huge disadvantage by being paired up with someone who's mere presence in the house made her vulnerable. Useless #1 and useless #2. See ya later.

Alex & Amanda (aka, cute guy & "good body" girl)
He's really cute. She's got the "best body" (?Really?), but I could easily have been convinced she was a drag queen. Whatever, boring vibes from these two. Too much grab-ass, not enough conflict.

Allison & Ryan (aka, Jen's secret boyfriend & his not-at-all-notable partner)
Interesting that they actually put a few big-boned, chunky guys in the show, since it's usually just metrosexual pretty boys. I think Ryan is my favorite. Too bad his girlfriend had to open her big yap and tell about their relationship, that should have been kept a secret. But it was pretty funny how Allison was so visibly disappointed that Ryan was spoken for. She reacted as though she expected a bit of nookie with him during her stay in the house.

James & Chelsia (aka, the bicycle guy & the chick with the Posh Spice haircut)
Boooooring. Nothing to say. Except I am automatically annoyed by a girl who has a made-up name. Chelsia. Ridiculous.

Matt & Natalie (aka, obnoxious Boston guy & girl with big boobs)
Matt drove me up the wall right from his introduction. He's going to be my most hated contestant. And Natalie...well, she does have big boobs, doesn't she. At least she was smart enough to enhance them for the first house meet & greet. Made an otherwise forgettable girl very memorable, at least to the guys.

Joshuah & Neil (aka, the gay guys)
Why am I not surprised, the best looking guys in the house like each other. Life isn't fair sometimes. Still, these guys haven't stood out at all, at least not yet. I have high-ish hopes.

Adam & Sheila (aka, the ugly ogre & the old lady)
Let me be the first to say it: Adam is the ugliest man in reality TV history. His personality makes it even worse, but even on their own, his looks are almost enough to warrant dislike. I can't even look at the screen when he's on, he just repulses me. Also, he reminds me of a guy I went to school with (11th Loyola readers, I think you know who I'm talking about), which adds to my disgust. I thought Sheila was a victim of circumstance, but she got on my nerves last night, too. I think they need to go home.

Parker & Jen (aka, the black guy & the perky blonde)
I don't know, am I the only one who's bored? Or is it just too early? I thought there might be some potential in the fact that Jen & Ryan's jealousy could make things fun to watch, but they had to open their big mouths and spill the beans already, which ruins everything. And Parker seems a bit too sensitive. Of course people are going to call you names and talk behind your back, it's Big Brother! Waking everybody up in the middle of the night to find out who called you a snake? Friggin' drama queen.

It all makes me miss Janelle and Will. Even Jen & Dick. How sad.

Until next week. But only if things get more interesting.

No comments: